SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sash replacement

A home owner from Palm Coast FL says:
Hi
I need a channel replacement, see pictures attached.

The house was built in 2005, brand of windows: Nuair

Number on sash: 29 9 CX CMC 4
Dimensions of sash: 1/2" x 30"
Weight of window: ca. 35.6 pounds

Can you tell me what part number I have to order.

Thanks for your help!
Roger
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
A home owner from Palm Coast says:
Hi again,

thanks for the hint. I double checked the old balances: 1 3/32", so it must be the Series 385.

So I will order the 30" Series 385 Channel Balance
Product Code: S385-30. Is it correct to order the Option 2965 (weight of sash is ~35.6 pounds).

Is this correct? Does the option 2956 fit with the imprint on the old balance?

Thanks for clarification.
Roger

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Since two balances with the 2965 option can hold a sash weight of 35 to 39 pounds, I think it should be perfect. Just double check the weight of your sash to be sure. That's the best way to determine stamp option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)