SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Screen Corner Question

A home owner from 16920 says:
Hello, I have several window screens that have broken corners. I am looking at your 95-112 corners. It looks like they are what I need but have one quick question. In your description you said they fit 1/4" width x 3/4" height screen frame. Does that measurement for the height include the spline channel? The corners that I have that are broken have a, I'll call it the two ears, are 1 1/4" long. Do you think they'll fit the bill.
Thank you, Rusty
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The measurements of your frame, including the spline groove, should be 3/4" across the face. The thickness of the frame should be 1/4". The length of the legs are not that important. We would like to see some photos of the corner you have now, along with the screen frame. I want to confirm whether or not the 95-112 is what you need.
The dimensions of the frame is 1/4" x 3/4". The corner is 1/4" thick. Hope these help.
User submitted photos of a screen corner.
Profile picture of Dave
Thanks. I agree, our 95-112 1/4" thick white corner should work for your frame. This looks like it matches yours very well.
Thank you Dave for the great customer service. I will placing an order soon for the corners as well as pulls and probably screen. Thanks for all of your help. You guys don't sell any framing?
Profile picture of Dave
Thank you for the order! I'm of course always happy to help. We do not currently sell screen framing material, however we did just add something to our site you may be interested in. It's a new type of flexible window screen that doesn't require any frame at all. It just pops right in the window. No frame, no messy repairs, and best of all it's surprisingly resilient. I know I sound like a commercial now but we're all actually pretty excited about it. You can see more information here.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)