SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Screen door assemblies

A home owner from Chula Vista, California says:
My screen door needs new roller assemblies. 84-001 is a perfect match. I'd like to upgrade to 84-031, since they should work fine here in sunny southern California. OK?

My problem is that the adjustment screws go through small plastic sleeves which fit inside the door frame, and this plastic is degraded. I'd guess they are made of nylon, and note that they are "natural" color. The bottom side has a 3/8 inch square flange that fits snugly inside the frame, and there is a 3/16 inch diameter protrusion which fits into the hole on the spring of the roller assembly. The upper side is a 1/4 inch diameter tube (fits through the screen's frame) about 3/8 inch tall, that the adjustment screw goes inside of, as it threads through this plastic sleeve. The screw is 1/8 inch diameter across the threads, with 3/4 inch of threads, and a Phillips head on top.

Do you sell replacement screws, or more importantly, the plastic sleeves?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 84-512 and see if this can work as a better replacement for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)