Screen door handle

A quick learner from Illinois says:
I need to find a replacement handle for our screen door but not sure what part will fit.
Screen door handle
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You handle looks like an older PADO handle. I believe the 40-101 handle could work in your lock. It only comes in the brass finish, however. We do have the complete handle in a black finish that you may want to consider, our 40-183. It is not a PADO but I have used it in the past as a replacement with very little adaptation.
A quick learner says:
Thanks so much. If we replaced the whole thing with the 40-183 set we wouldn't have to make any new holes in the door. We should just be able to take it off and replace with the new pieces correct? Or would the 40-049 be more exact to ours to replace the whole thing without drilling new holes? I am not set on a certain color if we are just replacing the whole thing. Thanks so much.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Drilling holes may be necessary, but it's hard to say for sure. Some customers said it worked fine, others said they had to make minor adaptations before it would work. We have detailed dimensions on the 40-183 store page that you can review.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.