Screen door replacement hinge pins

A home owner from USA says:
> I have a storm screen door that needs replacing hinge pins, springs and bushings. The door manufacturer is unknown, but the door has 5 openings measuring about 4 1/8 " in length. Will the 40-165 product work for this situation.

Questions: 1. Unless mistaken, the 40-165 total component length is about 4 7/8".

2. Does the spring have to be compressed to fit the slot?

2. Do you have a video showing the process of installing the new components of the 40-165?

Any assistance you may give is much appreciated.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 40-165 is a generic kit made to be use with various door manufacturers. To be honest, I'm not sure if it will fit your door hinge. I laid out the spring along with the nylon pins and the length comes out to 4-1/2". You say yours measures 4-1/8". The 40-165 could fit because you do need some tensions to hold in the pins, but again, I'm not sure. We don't have a video at this time showing how to install it, but it's not that difficult. These pins basically "pop" into the hinge opening. Put the bottom pin in with spring and then press the top pin into the opening.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.