SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Screen door roller adjustment.

A home owner from USA says:
Screen Door Roller 84-064
Adjustment Screw. Not accessible after installed in Columbia Door and there is a risk of damage if removed from door once installed.

Any suggestion on how to initially adjust before snapping into place in door?

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure there's no hole? There should be one in the door rail. The screw would come up through the screen/spline groove. If not, then the 84-064 may not be what you need. What did you have installed originally? Could I see a few pictures of the old roller?
A quick learner from La Quinta, CA, USA says:
Unfortunately all old rollers have been disposed of.

You may be correct. I may have not selected the proper roller. I was so frustrated trying to find the roller that would fit I ordered the first ones I located that would fit per measurements.

The door has height adjustable upper and lower sections into which the rollers are inserted.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, without seeing what you had originally I can't really say what you need. Is there another screen door elsewhere in the house that uses the same hardware? Or perhaps from a neighbors house?
A professional from California says:
In my experience most of the doors with height adjustable upper and lower sections use a roller like:
Columbia Screen Roller, Steel BB Wheel
84-062 or 84-062M
It may be something else, but that's where I'd start.
A quick learner from La Quinta, CA, USA says:
Here is how I resolved the matter:

Took bottom rail off, adjusted roller height, reinstalled rail.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)