Screen door roller replacement

A home owner from Fishkill, ny says:
I have two Peach Tree patio doors. The original screen rollers rusted. They were adjustable and a pain to adjust. Spring-loaded-self-adjusting rolls make so much more sense. Why are all doors made this way? Anyway, do you think I could use the 84-006S by drilling a hole in the frame to accept the pin? What keeps the roller in place when installing the door?
Thanks very much. I think it's great that you offer this service.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thank you for posting. I'm glad that you like our Discussion board!

Now, the 84-006S Screen Door Roller Assembly with Locater Pin is made to go into a specific cut out in the door. If your door does not already have this cut out, it may not work. That said, I think I'll need a better idea of what we're working with. Could you perhaps send us a photo of the type or roller you have now? That would help us find a suitable substitute.
A quick learner from Fishkill, NY says:
Re: your response of August 28, 2012
The opening in the door measures 3/8 x 2 1/2 inches.
User submitted a photo of a screen door roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I actually do not recommend replacing the roller in this door with an open spring-type substitute. It's simply the wrong design for this door, and will likely not work. You may be better off with something like our 84-075. In fact, I believe this type of roller has a spring in it, as well.
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Peachtree screen door roller
How to replace a Peachtree screen door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.