SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Screen door roller unknown make

A professional from McMurray, PA says:
Please help identify replacement rollers for this unit. Screen has no visible tags, markings or impressions.
User submitted a photo of a screen door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the roller you show is no longer available. The company that made it has gone out of business and no one has tried to duplicate it since.

That said, we may have something that could work. I just can't make any guarantees. Take a look at our 84-088 and 84-089 rollers first and see if you can retro fit them into your door. They have that same side adjustment. However, you say your roller housing is 5/16" thick, while the 84-088 and 84-089 are 13/32" thick; just a little over 3/8". That may be too much.

Another roller that could possibly work is the 84-074, but you would have to drill a few holes into the screen to for the mounting screws and the adjustment screw at the top of the roller.
A professional from McMurray, PA says:
Thanks for your help Dave. I'm going to try the first style you suggested and see if we can make it work for our customer. Do you recall the name of the company that made the original?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe it was Bay Forms in Canada. They haven't been in business for many years.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)