SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Screen door rollers

A quick learner from USA says:
My question;

These rollers are poorly made and I expect the new rollers to fail in a few years. Do you have something I could retrofit that will last longer?

Also, these rollers are on the top and bottom of my door. I suspect I only need one set on the bottom and not the top. If this is the case, can you recommend something I could retrofit for the top ? The top of my door does not ride in a track but is in a channel, hence I would just need something to take out a little slack.

I have 5 doors; 5 x 2 (for the bottom) and 5 x 2 (for the top), or 20 rollers at 18.00 :(

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what rollers you have. I will need more information on your hardware and what it is you're considering. To make things easy, please remove your rollers from the door and take a few pictures of them for us to see. Please also tell me their dimensions as best as you can. Thank you!
A quick learner from USA says:
The link I sent with my question was removed :(

Here is the roller;
Norco Screen Door Roller Assembly
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Unfortunately, this is the only roller Norco made for their screen frame. Since they are no longer in business, there is no other possible substitute. I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)