Screen door tension spring/roller unit

A handy person from colorado springs says:
I need new screen door tension spring/roller units for a sliding door. I assume it is a Certaintee door unit because the house has Certaintee 400 series windows throughout. The sliding screen door has a very thin tension spring/roller unit that I have not been able to find locally, even at a larger local window installer and distributor with an in house repair and storm window fabrication operation. Maybe you can help. I've attached some pictures.

The screen door will not accept the typical 3/8 inch wide units. I measure the old unit at a whisker over 5/16 OD. The steel wheel is a 1/6th short of 1 1/4 inch and the width is slightly over 3/16 OD. The overall length of the unit holding the wheel is 2 inches.

The option I've been given locally is to replace the door. New wheel units is all that is needed. However, I understand that Certainee windows was sold to another company, so in effect is no longer on the market.

Hopefully you can help.
Thanks Fred
User submitted a photo of their roller.
User submitted a photo of their roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for contacting us. Yeah, your width is definitely under 3/8". I'm surprised that something like our 84-016 won't fit, though. Reason being that the corner that corresponds to that roller (our 95-020) is also 3/8" thick. Check the cut out where the wheel goes into the screen door and see if you have enough room to accept a 3/8" wide housing.
A quick learner says:
The slot in the screen door is not large enough to accept a 3/8 inch wide roller unit. The screen frame can not be expanded to accept it either because the unit must be able to float in the slot.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
That is very odd. I haven't been able to find anything that matches these specifications. On the cut out of your screen door, is there any material that can be filed off? Or is the metal completely cut out of the door? Could I maybe see a picture of the cut out itself? That might help us recommend a solution to this roller problem.
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.