Screen latch assembly

A handy person from North Carolina says:
I need to replace the latches on many of my home window screens. It is a plunder type, but unlike all product images on your website. See the attached. Do you have a source?

My screen frames are 5/16" thick and 9/16 wide.

Thanks!

Pete
User submitted photo of screen latch.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Pete.

Take a look at the 70-136 Pin Assembly. This may work with your application.
A handy person from North Carolina says:
This is it. Thanks!!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You're welcome!
A home owner from New Jersey says:
Is there a way to replace the broken and corroded pins without disassembling the screen frame? And what lube can I use to stop the corrosion. I was thinking of using anti-sieze compound that I use on auto exhaust systems.
You do not have to disassemble the frame. Take a look at the video below on how to install the 70-136. As for preventing corrosion in the future, try a silicone spray.
A home owner from New Jersey says:
The video shows exactly the screen frame and flip top pull pin assembly I have. Is there a plastic pin model that I can use so it can never corrode?
I'm afraid they never made a version of this kit with a nylon pin, unfortunately.
SWISCO Flip Top Pull Pin Assembly [1080p]
SWISCO Flip Top Pull Pin Assembly [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.