SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Searching for 050-1255

A quick learner says:
We are looking for the hardware for a door handle labelled 050-1255. Please let me know if that is enough information or you need more. Thanks very much.n Jane
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that number doesn't match anything in our catalog. I would be happy to help you find something, but I will need a couple pictures of the hardware in question in order to find the right match. Please also provide your measurements. Thanks!
A quick learner from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada says:
The handle is on a door that is the original patio door in a house built by Charlesfort. I took a few pictures of the door after the handle fell off. The centre hole is 1 3/8" top to bottom and 3/4" wide. The screw holes are 4" apart from centre to centre. The writing inside the handle says SASH CONTROLS INC. FERNDALE 20, MICH 050-1255.

Thanks for your help. Jane.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Now, Sash Control is no longer in business, but we have a new style patio door lock set that may work for you. See our 82-003, which has a 3-15/16" screw hole spacing with an inside locking device that I think should hook onto your keeper. This is for a 1" thick door. If your door is 1-1/4" thick you will need to also get our 82-248 latch hook and and switch it out with the one on that comes with the 82-003 by default. See what you think!
A quick learner from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada says:
Hi, The door is 1 3/4 inches thick. Cheers, Jane.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Wow, that's a very large door. I'm afraid we do not have any handle set to accommodate that thickness. You would need to re-use your old locking lever, in addition to re-using your old screws.
A quick learner from Ottawa, Ontario says:
We have the screws and the locking lever. I just ordered the 821003. Thanks very much for your help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)