SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Searching for 8-24ZC

A quick learner says:
Hello, I'm trying to get this counterbalance, but unfortunately I have no idea what the brand is. My window is missing one I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Edgar
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Edgar. Can you confirm the width, height, and length of your metal channel? That will help us find a good replacement. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
Hi again,

Widh 1/2" and lenght 25" I've been looking everywhere with no luck. The house was built in 1984 I would guess the windows are original to the house. The windows are aluminum.

Thanks,
Edgar
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm that the width is 1/2"? Just by eyeballing it, it looks like it might be something like our Series 800 channel balance, which is 3/8" wide. Could we maybe see a picture of the stamp, as well?
A quick learner says:
Yes is a bit more than 7/16" maybe 14/32 x 25" the only stamp on it says 8 24ZC and when I take a picture it does not show. I was thinking maybe 25" Series 351?

Thanks,
Edgar
Profile picture of Tom
Well, if the channel is 1/2" thick, then what Series you have depends on that bottom shoe. It's either between the 15-001 or 15-002. Compare their dimensions and let me know which is closer.
Alternate view of 15-001
A quick learner says:
It is 3/4" on mine. So you think is going to end up being 800 series?

Thanks,
Edgar
Profile picture of Tom
It certainly seems that way. I would triple check the width and thickness of your metal channel just to make absolutely sure.
A quick learner says:
I will!! I really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Edgar
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)