SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Searching for 9970A-3A

A quick learner says:
The second photo show the number 9970A-3A. The window opens but when closing it hits a point where it jams up and won't close any further.

Thanks for looking at this.

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh boy, I knew I'd run into this again some day. This is an old type of Andersen casement window operator that is no longer made. We've talked to Andersen about it a few times and there is no direct replacement. Now, typically, we recommend looking at our 39-264 operator, which is the closest existing match, in addition to the 39-362 adapter plate, which is used to help the 39-264 install on some specific Andersen windows made after 1999.

Unfortunately, we've never had any confirmation as to whether or not these worked. I just checked our backlog and no customer who used these ever got back to us. I'm afraid I cannot guarantee that this is a solution, and if it is, I cannot be sure if it won't take some measure of handy work to get it to install.

Look over these parts carefully either way and let me know what you think.
A home owner from California says:
Thanks Tom. I ordered both parts and I will let you know if they work. It should. The only thing I see is that the stud bracket faces down so I will have to remove the stud bracket lock from the new casement window operator and flip it over. I assume I can do this as it comes right off of the old crank arm. Thanks for your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)