SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Searching for this Pella storm door handle set

A quick learner says:
Looking for match-- Pella storm door mortise handle set--identical to your product code 40-193 except:

my end piece is identical to 40-193 at 7 3/4 by 13/16 inches.

The other parts do not match; the piece marked 8 1/4 -- mine is 7 7/16. The hole spacing on 40-193 is 7 14--mine is 6 11/16.

thank you for your attention, Hope you can locate a match.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you sure it's identical to the 40-193? I think it may be best if we see a few pictures. If there are as many differences as you say, there may be more that we might notice. Thank you!
A quick learner from Acokeek, MD 20607 says:
Tom, 3 adults examined our set and a picture was taken and we all agree that Swisco's' picture of 40-193 is more accurate and identical. The key is the measurement differences; a picture does not show that; you have to take our word for the accuracy of the measurements. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The reason I ask is that we don't currently carry a handle set with those dimensions. I would be more than happy to research an alternative for you, but I'm hesitant to do so based only on dimensions. There are a lot of subtle differences outside of size that may influence what may or may not work. Besides that, the only similarities appear to be related to the mortise lock, while the inner and outer handles are all different. There could be a lot of possibilities and pictures would be an incredible help to our search. I will try to find something in the meantime, but I assure you that actually seeing your hardware would be a big asset.
A quick learner from Acokeek, MD says:
pics attached
User submitted photos of a door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! This is actually an older model Forever door lock set, which is no longer available. Do you need to replace everything, or just the mortise lock? If you just need the mortise lock, see our 40-194. This could work for you as a replacement. If not, you will have to retro-fit the 40-193 to your door, since it is not an exact match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)