SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Searching for herbststormdoor

A quick learner says:
morning or afternoon, so basically this has been challenging due to my brillance of not being very handy but learning, the local hardware stores are baffled also and after numerous attempts of finding a handle i give up so hopefully you guys or gals can provide some assistance in the matter so basically the door is a storm door appears to be a herbst made in 1983, total of six holes in the door, 4 hold this handle and 2 for a latch / handle like a screen door, measurements as foolows door thickness 1 1/2 inches, total unit measured ( door handle ) 7 3/4 inches, please help if able tks
User submitted a photo of a storm door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that the handle you show in your photo is no longer available. What I have done in the past is use our 40-058 handle set as a replacement. You should also use one or two of the 40-179 latch shims to build up the inside latch so that it will line up with your existing strike/keeper. Now, if your outside handle is still functioning, what you might need is just the inside latch like our 40-145 along with the 40-179 shims. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)