SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Searching for hr25

A quick learner says:
I have identified our channel balances as 351 block and tackle balances with 33" long metal channel, non-tilt window. I do not understand the option selection. I have looked for a stamp or a mark on the window frame and cannot find one to indicate weight. Also, the removal of the channel balance does not follow the short video on the web page. Are there instructions and is there a special tool available? See attached pictures.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?
A handy person from Henderson NV says:
The bottom attachment is 1-3/32" deep. I didn't send it before but the marking on the metal says "32 5 HR Caldwell". Also, none of the windows in my house have the removal clips in them. Are they supposed to? Is there a tool or a technique if they don't?
Profile picture of Tom
Great! In that case, take a look at our S385-33 balance with a 3250 option. Does that look right? You will need take out clips. Check out our 16-002.
A handy person from Henderson NV says:
This kind of window does not use clips. See question in my original and my followup question. See attached picture of what the window frame looks like after removing the window. Note: no clips were found, none were removed for the picture. Other windows in the same house look just like this one - no clips. I still need a solution for removal/reinstallation.
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you meant that the clips were missing, not that the windows never had them to begin with. My mistake.

In that case, you will have to substitute that clip with a screw. You will have to drill it in where the clip would otherwise be. You can see our video below to get a good idea exactly where that is.

Once the balances are in place and the sash is installed and everything is good, you can unscrew the screws so that they no longer get in the way.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)