Searching for mohair

A quick learner says:
do you have the rolls of mohair that are "slid in" the sides of the window frame to move up and down easier? dave
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Dave. I'm not sure what kind of hardware you're looking for, exactly. Could I see a few pictures? That would help us determine what you need.
A home owner from calif says:
Here is a photo.. The mohair, which has backing on it, slides into the grove on each side of the window making it slide better. as you can see from this photo, where the screwdriver points, the matting is almost completely worn out. thanks dave pearson
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. This type of weatherstripping is known as wool pile. I'm not sure what you have without knowing more detailed dimensions, but browse through our selection of wool pile and see if anything here could work for you.
A home owner from ca says:
here is a photo of the wool pile.. My best guess is it is 3/16 by 3/16 or 3/16 by 1/4. All of the photos of the wool pile have "wing" batting on both sides--is that correct (ie it slides into a sleeve with groves to hold the batting on both sides). What is your advice for which pile to select?

User submitted a photo of window hardware.
A home owner from ca says:
Can you tell me what top sash guide this is? thanks dave pearson
User submitted a photo of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Based on the dimensions you've given for the wool pile, you could look at our 58-127. However, keep in mind that the measurements for this kind of weatherstripping get pretty specific, even going into the 1/32" range. You might want to double check just in case.

As for the top sash guide, it's hard to tell based on this image. It looks similar to our 18-177, but I can't say for sure without knowing more detailed dimensions. Compare the specs we show for the 18-177 to your own hardware and let me know if they differ in any way.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.