SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Searching for replacement parts

A handy person from Niagara Falls, NY says:
Greetings. I am searching for replacement screen parts for a home I recently purchased. They are Anderson screens for Anderson awning windows circa 1960.

It is a 2 part hinge where one half is attached to the window frame with the other half attached to the screen frame and the 2 work as a lock to hold the screen in place but can be opened for easy screen removal.

I need the half that attaches to the window frame (I have uploaded pictures of the part separately and installed) as someone removed them to paint and are not to be found anywhere in the home. I am also in need (picture uploaded) of the locking latch that holds the screen in place and is located at the bottom center.

I would appreciate any advice you can offer as to where I may be able to find these parts. The screens have metal spline to hold the screening material in place and I also wonder if this is available.

Thank you in advance. Joe
User submitted picture of knife latch for screen.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. The latch shown is no longer available and needs to be replaced with a whole new screen hardware set. We will bring it in for you and let you know as soon as it is online and available to view!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We area still waiting for the hardware kit to come in. We have also discovered that the knife latch is no longer available. So, in the meantime, please look at our 70-174 and let me know if you think this is a match for your existing knife latch.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Joe,
The new Andersen awning window screen lock hinge kit is now available! Please see new SWISCO product code 70-221.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)