SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sears storm door

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi,

I’m needing a replacement door handle assembly for my OLD Sears storm door. Here are the numbers along the side of the door:

61-27121-14
656-65121061
65121-006

I think number 656-65121061 is the model

The handle looks very much like your number 40-043. Are you able to confirm that your number 40-043 fits my Sears storm door? Once again, it looks just like 40-043.

Thank you,

Ron
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ron, thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to cross-reference any of those numbers. How does the 40-043 match up? Are the dimensions the same? The only way I can know for sure if the it will work for you is if I see a few pictures of your existing handle set. You can upload a few pictures here for me to see.
A handy person from Yakima, WA says:
Here is what I have, it no longer works.
User submitted photos of storm door handles.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the images! It does look very similar to our 40-043. Just make sure to check all the dimensions. The 40-043's mounting hole center spacing is 1-3/4", and the set is made to accommodate 1-5/8" to 1-3/4" thick doors. If everything matches up, then I think it's a good choice.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)