SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Security Door Lever Mortise Lock Set

A home owner from Miramar says:
Hi, there - I have an older French door set that looks identical to the 40-186 item in your catalog. However, the full height of the lock is just 7". Can you please tell me the measurement between the handle and the lock underneath, and the width of the lock? I would like to order this, but I don't want to waste money to discover that it's wrong.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you show us a few pictures of your existing handle set? If it is that much shorter than our 40-186, there may be other differences as well. Please also confirm what the other dimensions are compared to the 40-186. Regardless of what the spacing of the handle and lock hole is, if everything else is different it may not work for you.
A quick learner from Miramar says:
Here are the photos you requested. The measurements I have are: 7" long; 1.5" wide. 4" from the top of the key part of the lock to the base of the handle. Please let me know - I can't seem to find anything else that even comes close!! Otherwise, we're going to have to replace the door! Thank you!! Halle
User submitted photos of a door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The photos you sent do look very similar to the 40-186, but our dimensions don't seem to line up with yours. The base plate on the 40-186 is 1-1/4" wide and 7-5/8" long. Check the mounting hole centers with yours just in case; the 40-186 has hole centers at 6-5/8". Also check to see if the interior mortise latch of the 40-186 match up to your mortise latch.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)