SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Seems I have both 39-020 and a variant of 39-408.

A landlord from North Detroit subburb says:
I have part #39-020 on some windows, then also a variant of the same part with a slider rather than a button on the arm.

See attached photos
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
That is strange. That odd end clip only comes with the 39-408. I've never seen it used on another kind of operator. Do you think yours might have been custom made at some point? Could you still get the 39-408 to work?
A landlord from North Detroit subburb says:
There are lots of houses with the crank as I described above, hundreds, all have these windows. Most were likely built bu the same builder in the mid 50's. I suppose its possible he had these windows customized but in the price range of these homes I really doubt it. The slot was used to extend the opening range of the window. See attached.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. The 39-020 and the 39-408 are both sill-mounted operators. Now, the 39-408 is currently being manufactured with a different style body, but based on the arm and the end brass guide on your current operator I still think it could fit your window. You would just have to re-use the long "pivot" arm.
A landlord from North Detroit subburb says says:
The above crank, 39-408, worked like a charm. Thank you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)