Selecting Correct Replacement Balance Channels

A home owner from Encinitas, California says:
Greetings!

I need to order two(2) balance channels.

I have the length and spring strength (3240) based on marking on the old channels, but want to make sure I'm ordering the right "top" and "shoe."

Attached are photos of the ends of one of my old balances (one of top, two different shots of shoe). I think the hooks have broken off shoe.

Please confirm that S380-33; 3240 is the correct replacement.

Thanks!

Mike
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mike. I'm afraid your pictures didn't come in, so I can't be sure if the S380-33 is a match. That said, it comes with the 19-005 top and 15-005 bottom. As long as the style and dimensions you see here are the same as your balance, you should be okay. If they differ in any way, let me know.
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure why photos will not upload. I tried twice.

I will send a separate email with photos attached to the customer service. Take a look and let me know what you think. I think I've identified the right product, but want to make sure before ordering.

Thanks again!

Mike
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thank you. These attachments are similar to those that come with our Series 380 balance, but you may also want to consider our Series 385 too. The difference is in the shoe; the Series 380 comes with the 15-005, but the Series 385 comes with the 15-004, which is slightly larger. I recommend measuring yours to confirm the better match.
Thanks Tom!

I will re-measure the "shoe" on my current balance and compare it to the measurements of the 15-005 and 15-004 shoes to make the correct choice.

Mike
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.