Selecting an out-swing storm door for conversion to an in-swing door

A home owner from Saint Paul, MN says:
I wanted to install an in-swing storm door on my screened-in porch so that I wouldn't push guests off the landing when I opened the door. The Home Depot employee who came to measure the door frame said that it could be done with a pre-hung door but not a storm door. I conducted an internet search but he was right--pre-made in-swing storm doors don't seem to exist. I came to the realization that I'm going to have to convert an out-swing storm door to an in-swing storm door.

Since I haven't bought the door yet I thought I'd ask, what out-swing storm doors do you recommend for use with your in-swinging storm door closer bracket conversion hardware? Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You could get a regular storm door and install our 40-028 lock set. However, you would also need to use the in-swing closer bracket 40-006. You will also need a closer like the 40-077, but that should be included with the storm door you purchase.

Also take note that if your porch has a "pitch" where it slopes down from the house, you could have a problem with swinging the storm door toward the inside. It could drag on the floor where the porch slopes upward. You might need to install some kind of threshold to give you a little more room under the storm door. Talk to the contractor who will be installing the storm door and get some ideas from them.

A home owner from seattle says:
I'm wondering if you completed this project, and how it went. I just bought a house with an enclosed porch and I have the same situation where people have to back off the steps so I can open the door. It looks like I might be able to order a high end custom in-swing door, but I am looking for a pretty inexpensive solution. How did your project go, and what did you end up using? Thanks!
A home owner from Kingsport, TN says:
I had to convert an out-swing door to an in-swing door because I went to outside spiral stairs and there was no space for an out-swinging door. Swisco's lockset and closer bracket mounted on top of door worked just great. The locks latch had to have spacers fabricated to work on my door frame, but other than that, all went according to plan! I had no problems with tilt of flooring as my floor was flat.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.