SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Selecting correct part

A handy person from Simpsonville, SC says:
Hello, I need to replace a broken channel balance because the spring has detached from the lower attachment point. Also, the clip on the end of the cord has been deformed. It was U shaped and is now almost straight. It is stamped 34D and looks like your S795 series except for the aforementioned cord clip and the attachment shoe looks slightly different. I want to be sure I order a part that will work for me. Can I have attached some photos. May I have your feedback please?

Best regards,

Warren
User submitted photo of window balance.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for uploading your photos, Warren.

Before we proceed, please report back to us the width of your balance shoe. As an example, take a look at the 15-194 Balance Shoe and see how the width is measured.
A quick learner from Simpsonville, SC says:
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Good call on the 15-194 Balance Shoe. That is exactly the Shoe in my broken balance. I think I found the clip I need. It would be your 15-198.

Best regards,

Warren

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The replacement balance you need is our S795-34 with the 34D option.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)