SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Selecting glazing bead

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi, I need to replace the glazing bead for one of my window panes. See
the attached pictures.

I want to be sure that I am picking the right style of your product. I
think it may be the WT snap-in, Product code 55
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! We may be able to help but I will need to see a picture of this glazing from an angle that shows its cross-section. This will require you to remove a small piece. Are you able to get this angle for us? Thanks!
A quick learner from Ft. Lauderdale says:
Here is a pic of the bead. It is metallic. Thanks. Ty.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I'm afraid we don't carry metal glazing strips, but our vinyl 55-008-6 might fit in your sash. Please compare our dimensions to yours to confirm.
A quick learner says:
Thx, but doesn't your 55-24 look closer to the shape of what I have?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It would depend on your measurements. If the dimensions match the 55-024, then that would definitely be the better choice. We only suggest the 55-008-6 because you mentioned "WT snap-in" in your original post as a possible match, and many people have used it as the 55-008-6 replacement for that metal glazing. That said, measurements don't lie.
A quick learner says:
I got the 55-008-6 to work, but that required some super glue, because it wasn't deep (wide enough).

I think the 55-24 would have worked better because it is wider. Will try that next time. Thanks for your help. Ty.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)