SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Series 140 Quick Tilt Balance

A landlord from NYC says:
Can a Series 140 Quick Tilt Balance be used to replace a Certainteed Double Coil Constant Force Balance? My windows have double coils with two 405J springs on each side.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I wish you could, since I believe that the Series 140 balance system is a very convenient system. That said, it measures 9/16" thick, while Certainteed systems are usually 7/8" thick. I think you may want to look at our S171-405 or our S170-405 coil springs. Do either of these look like matches? Let me know what you think.
Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately I need the entire assembly, it broke when I took the balance system out of the window. Do you make a full replacement balance?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The individual pieces for this balance system are sold separately. You can see each part listed under the Related Part(s) section for both the S170-405 and S171-405 product pages.
Thanks so much I will check them out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)