SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Series 306 spiral balance

A home owner from Beeville, Texas says:
I'm looking for these balances with rods that extend 2 and 5/8 inches past the end of the tube in the closed position. I need some with 13 inch tubes. When measured from the tip of the tube to the end of the rod (closed position) the overall length is 15 and 5/8 inches.

Also they cannot be installed in the window with the shoe (part number 15-066) on them. It will not fit down the side of the window. The shoe must be installed after the balance is installed. So they would need to be shipped without shoes installed but with the shoe and rivet or brad for installation by me.

I may need other lengths such as 16, 19 inch tubes but with the same length of rod extending past the tube. If your standard tubes don't have rods that extend 2 and 5/8 inches past the tube please tell me how far the extend in the completely closed position not extended position.

Sincerely, James
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for your balance, I need to know the tube length for each of your balances, rather than the overall length. Please measure only the metal tube portion, and then get back to me with the lengths! We can work from there.

However, keep in mind that the 15-066 is not installed with a "pop rivet." It cannot be installed while it's in the window. You would have to order the balances with the shoe attached and then insert the balance from the bottom of the sash. I recommend that you have someone help you with this procedure.
A quick learner from Beeville, Texas says:
Paul this all makes sense now. The tube measures 13 inches ( metal tube portion only). I need two of them in the 306 series with shoe 15-066 attached.
Thanks, James
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Since we do not normally have Series 306 spiral balances in 13", your balance will have to be custom made. Please see our Custom Spiral Balance Order Form to begin, and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will be in contact with you shortly thereafter.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)