Series 380, 12" long?

A quick learner from Stuart, Fl says:
I have Harcar windows in my new (old) home and the small one in the bath room has 1/2 inch wide channel same as series 380, but is only 12" long, stamped with 1110 N.
Also a 52" single hung widow with Series 380 channel with 24B N stamped on it.
I need two of each please?
Thanks,
Tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Tom. The 12" balance will have to be custom made, since that is not one of our standard lengths. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I have started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will contact you shortly thereafter with a quote.

As for the other balance, how about the S380-25? Does that seem to match your existing balance? I'd also recommend the 2420 option, since that usually corresponds to a stamp of 24B, but you should double check your sash weight to make sure that it matches the rating shown for the 2420.
A handy person says:
Can I buy replacement springs for mine? That's the only problem with mine?
Tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tom. Unfortunately, balance springs are not available separately. You would have to replace the entire balance.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.