Series 751 Channel Balances that are 30-5/8" long?

A handy person from Green Bay, WI says:
Looking at matching the balancer out of my JeldWen window. It looks almost identical to your 751 ribbed balancer and has a marking of 28HB and 3.S.I on the balancer. Thought that was your nomenclature but must not be since the unit is 30-5/8" long. I initially thought that would equate to your 28HD but mine is 30-5/8" and your 28HD is 29" long. What would I order from Swisco. The lock shoe is black. Thanks - Brian
Channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I see what you mean, that is weird. I'm not sure why a balance at 30-5/8" long would have a 28HD stamp. That said, we should be able to custom make something for you that will work. We can special make a 30-5/8" length just for you. Before we can begin, though, I'd like to know the weight of the sash so we can calculate the proper strength of the spring. I don't think we should go by the old stamp, since it's so different. Can you also tell me how many you need?
The weight of the sash is 18-19lbs. I'm looking for 2 of these. I would also like to buy two more for the upper sash same weight but the length on these is 29" I attached some pictures of this one as well. All are for the same Jeldwen series of windows.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! I will email you a custom order link for the 30-5/8" long balance now. For the other balance, it's just a standard S751-29 with a 28R stamp. Once you get the custom order link, you can add the special balance to your cart as if it were normal and continue shopping for any other parts you may need as normal.
Tom - Thanks. Do I need to indicate anything on the order to get the black shoe versus a white shoe?
Profile picture of Tom
I wouldn't worry about that. The color of the shoe in this case doesn't really matter; ours should work fine.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.