SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Series 770 with a pointed hook?

A quick learner from Ponte Vedra Beach says:
Hi Swisco. Just bought this house and would like to change out the window hardware because a few of them are broken due to fatigue and the Florida Beach Weather.

I have 29" Series 770 Balances, however they have a pointed hook attached to the weight cord. Your example shows a rectangular retainer. Do I just cut off the rectangle and attach the pointed hook?

Also my window weighs 32.5 lbs. Is this option 29E if I am replacing both Balances? The Pivot shoe is 15-105, should I order the same one or would you suggest a possible stronger Pivot Shoe.

My Tili Top Latch is a combination, security rod and window retainer wedge. Do you have these? Screw set distance is 2 1/8 and dimensions are 1" X 4" .

The windows appear fine, except for the wear of these parts. After installing them, I would hope they work like new.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Could I see a few pictures of your hardware? I'd like to see either end of the balance, including that pointed hook, and I'd like to see the tilt latch removed from the window. That would help me decide what would be best. You can upload them right here to this thread.
A handy person says:
Here are a few photos of all the hardware I wish to replace. Thanks Paul, Gerard
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! These pictures are a big help. I recognize this balance, but we will have to custom make it for you. Take a look at this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I have started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will contact you shortly thereafter with a quote.
See Donna's Response for updated reply for balance replacment

As for the top tilt latch, I'm afraid that we don't have any with a nite lock. Can you confirm the screw hole distance, as well? I thought that maybe our 26-193 could be used as a substitute, but its hole spacing is 2-5/8".
A handy person from Ponte Vedra Beach says:
Hi Paul, I filled out the Channel Balance order form and added the hardware that I would need to refurbish 1 window. If all goes smoothly, I will then place the order for additional hardware for the rest of the windows in my house. Just thought of it. I am going onto Swiscos site to check out to see if you carry screens for my double-hung windows. Might sound like a lot but a window tune-up is alot less expensive than replacing the entire window. Can you please forward this piece of info, that the lower window of the unit weighs 32.5 lbs. to the rep. who is going to contact me. Thanks for your help, Gerard
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Looks like our 15-105 pivot shoe, you will need to compare dimensions to confirm.

Now, for the custom balances...
I too am leaning to a custom balance made up with the Series 770
and yes, 29" with stamp 29F (weight range: 32-36 lb/pair) and custom made with a 62-105 hook attached.

I will email you a custom ordering link shortly!
A handy person from Ponte Vedra Beach says:
Thanks Dona, I will go to the e-mail and complete the order form for all the hardware to tune up one double-hung window. If all goes smoothly, as I am pretty sure it will, I will place the order for the additional 9-14 windows in the house. Thanks for all your help at Swisco. I thought communicating by e-mail was going to be a bother, but the software you provide for your customers to use made this a seamless transaction. Thanks Again, Gerard
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Awesome! I'm glad we could be of help. Please let us know if you have any other questions and I'd be more than happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)