SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Series 795 shoes may be too big

A handy person from Easton, MD says:
Hi , Just receieved my shipment of 795 Channel Balances 36"" These are for Patriot 2862 windows tilt in model.Pivot shoes look almost identical but seem really tight in the window track when I replaced them. Having a hard time getting the window back into the shoe. These pivot shoes seem like the might be a slightly bit bigger. Hard to tell as they look identical. Any body else having issues. This looked like it was going to be a quick and easy fix but I'm not so sure. Any tips on installing. Sprayed some dry silicone lubricant on tracks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I think I may know what the issue is.

You see, the Series 795 comes with the 15-195 shoe by default. This shoe measures 1-1/4" wide from ear-to-ear. However, there is another shoe that is sold separately that also works for the Series 795. This is our 15-194, which only measures 15/16" ear-to-ear. Look these two shoes over and let me know which one is closer. We can work from there.
A quick learner from Easton, MD says:
Finally got these installed with no problems. Initial one done was operator error! Had the rotating part of shoe in the wrong orientation in the locked position. Thanks for the quick response and delivery. Wish they made these shoe pivots out of something else other than plastic though.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)