SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Series 870 patio door lock

A quick learner from Massachusetts says:

The internal latch on the locking mechanism has broken off on my patio door, would you have a replacement or know where I may be able to get one? It's a Philips manufactured patio door. Thank you
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I actually don't like this type of locking handle. it has a thumb turn that is held in with a palnut that easily breaks off. You I like our 82-035 Patio Door Handle Set more. Take a look and let me know if you can use this as a possible substitute.
I'm not to keen on the wood handle. Do you know of any similar with the white handles? How does this set go with the mortise?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
In that case, how about our 82-069? Would that be a better match?

You should also see our handy tutorial video on how to install this hardware. It should show you how the thumb turn engages the inside mortise lock.
Thank you for the help. My replacement wasn't a flush mount, but that wasn't a big deal. I will recommend Swisco to anyone who need help with a problem like mine.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)