Several of my window springs are failing

A home owner from Houston Texas says:
I have several windows of different sizes that are all failing regarding the spiral springs. We use them often. The builder used cheap material so I am thinking about upgrading my springs. They currently have a green tip, non-tilt, 3/8 tube diameter and 28.5 inches long. I did not see any options of that length or where the tip color is chosen during the order process. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Can you confirm the length of the tube? All things told, it sounds like you have our Series 400 spiral balance, but they aren't made in lengths on the 1/2". If you are certain it is, may I suggest moving up to 29"? That may also work. The S400-29 also has a Green Tip option available.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.