SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Shape of the tip for 91-148?

A handy person from burlington Wi says:
This looks very similar to the part I need- what I cannot tell from the photo is the shape of the part that protrudes from the frame and goes into the stops on the frame ( marked 5/8") in the photo. Mine is rectangular and I can't tell if those are the same or if they are round in the photo.If it is not what I am looking for do you have any suggestions - if you tell me the part in question is what I am looking for which spring retainer goes with it? Thanx Brad
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thank you for posting. The shape of the tip of our 91-148 is, indeed, round. Could you perhaps upload a few pictures of your existing latch for us to look at? Could you also give me its dimensions as compared to our 91-148? Thanks!
A handy person from burlington WI says:
User submitted drawing and photo of their slide bolt
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That certainly appears to be very similar to our 91-148. It is most likely our closest possible match. I am not sure if the shape of its peg will make a difference or not. What do you think? Could you get a round peg to fit in the square hole?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)