Shoes?

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
If I replace one side, do I then need to replace the other?
Unsure of manufacturer or where to buy parts.

Your YouTube videos are very helpful!

Thank you
Karen
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We are very pleased to hear that you have found our YouTube videos helpful! With that being said, please take a look at our 15-199 pivot shoe. If only one shoe is broken, there is no need to replace them both.
A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
In looking at the replacement, I'm not sure it's the shoe I need, but the little metal piece that comes off the shoe to attach to the balance. The metal balance cord? Is not attached to anything. I thought maybe the shoe is where the missing piece would be.
Great site, great tutorials!
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I see. Replacing the shoe will not help, then. You may need a new balance entirely; it depends on the nature of this clip. Do you still have one handy, perhaps from the other balance the window? Seeing it would help us determine what you may have. I'd also like to see the balance itself, if possible.
A quick learner from WI says:
This is the balance that is NOT attached. The shoe is missing a piece of metal that this balance attaches to.
Thank you for your continued help!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Aha! It's a coil balance. That makes things a lot easier, these are fairly simple to deal with. For the pivot shoe, I recommend our 15-199. For the spring, I recommend the Series 165 coil balance. You'll need the number printed on the old spring to confirm the best Series 165 match. For a better idea on how this kind of balance installs and works, see the video below.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.