SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Should I my replace wheels to match a new track?

A quick learner from CA says:
I currently have a track that needs to be replaced but it looks like it has been discontinued. I have included a picture of the track and wheels. Is it recommended to purchase a new track and coordinating wheels? Or would my wheels fit with your track?
A user submited photo of door track and wheels
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I think that if you're going to purchase a new track, you should get new rollers that work for it just in case. Now, the 23-242 works with convex wheels. Your own roller appears to be similar to our 23-028, which has concave wheels. Can you confirm?
A quick learner says:
Yes my wheels look like these 23-028.
Which mirror door roller assembly do you sell that works with 23-242 and will attach the same way to my mirror closet doors?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! The mirror roller assembly that goes with our 23-242 track is our 23-225, however I am not sure if it will work as a replacement for your own roller. I have never tried replacing the 23-028 with the 23-225 before.
Also, take a look at our sliding patio glass door track, you may be able to substitute, again, I have never tried this and I'm not sure how it would work out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)