Shower Door Guides

A home owner from Massapequa Park NY says:
I have a Maax Talen curved shower. The bottom guides are broken. I contacted the manufacturer and I am told this item is discontinued so they do NOT have replacement parts. They told me I would have to replace the doors for $350.00!!!! I told them that is ridiculous for part that should cost a few dollars each.
Could you suggest a replacement part I could use?
Thank you very much
User submitted a photo of shower door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's tough to say without seeing the guides themselves, but I agree: there's no reason you need to replace the doors entirely. Manufacturers always like to say that. It's certainly wishful thinking on their part! Fortunately, I think I have an idea of what you need.

Start by looking at our 10-058. These are often used on curved shower doors like you have. Now, it's possible you have an older version of this roller set, and that your guides don't even have wheels. I can't say for sure. However this is the only type of curved shower door roller currently being made as far as I know, and we've been told it can replace the older versions. If you want to be sure, you can show us a picture of the old roller and we can try our best to determine what you have!
A quick learner from Massapequa Park, NY says:
Thanks so much!
I will take a couple of photos of the actual part and send them. I will try my best to do this tomorrow as I am not home!
I am grateful for the offer of help!
A quick learner from Massapequa Park, NY says:
I have attachef 3 photos of the shower glide that I am looking for. Any reasonable substitute would be terrific!
The manufacturer is MAAX but they have been of no help.
User submitted photos of shower door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Yes, I think our 10-058 can work. Yours is an older version of this roller kit. I've personally never used it to replace your guide, but we've been told over and over again by the manufacturer that the new roller can replace the old guide no problem. Multiple customers have also confirmed that it works well.
SWISCO 10-058 Shower Door Roller and Bumper Kit
SWISCO 10-058 Shower Door Roller and Bumper Kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 10-058 shower door rollers
How to install the 10-058 shower door rollers
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.