SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Shower door sweep

A quick learner from Ohio says:
I need a replacement shower door sweep for a 34" corner shower installed in 1996. The original was about an inch long overall and the star tip shaped bulb that held it in place was about 3/8" wide and 1/4 deep. and all I can find are ones with either an 1/8 inch star bulb or a 5/32 half round tee-both are too small and will fall right out. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rebecca
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting on the discussion board, Rebecca.

If you'd like to begin browsing our Lavatory Replacement Hardware section, you can do that here.

If you don't see anything you think would work as a replacement, take a couple quick photos of your shower door seal and upload them so we can take a look.

Even if the product isn't listed online, we will still try to find something that will work for you.
Really hard to get a picture. I took a dozen. Plus this is for a rental and the tenant didn't tell me there was a problem so the sweep is in really bad shape. To make matters worse he put a bath rug in front of the shower and the water would become trapped and damaged the wood floor beneath. Again the issue is a big enough bulb area to stay in the slot. Thanks, Rebecca
User submitted photo of their shower door sweep.
Profile picture of Mike
Sorry, but the photos were very hard to identify.

This looks more like one of our patio screen bug flaps, the 59-053 Screen Flap, more than it looks like any of our shower splines.

Can you try to take another photo or two? Maybe one of the channel the spline fits into.
That bug flap really does look the closest I've seen. Maybe I could use it. Is it very flexible? Does it come in clear? Thanks, Rebecca
Profile picture of Mike
Sorry, it does not come in clear.

And yes, I would say it is flexible.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)