Shower door sweeps

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,

Can I use a frameless shower door sweep like 10-328 or 10-331 depending on glass/door frame size to replace a shower door sweep like one that like 10-324, 10-325 or 10-326? The frameless sweeps look/seem so much better and appear easier to install.

I appreciate your help and look forward to the information!

Kindly contact me with any questions. Thank you.

Regards,

John F
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It would depend on the size of your glass. The 10-328 is used for 1/4" thick glass. The 10-324, 10-325, and 10-326 likely won't work for your frameless door since you need to drill out installation holes for them.
A quick learner from FL says:
I asked my question incorrectly. I am trying to replace a door sweep on a framed shower door. Would either a frameless shower door sweep like 10-328 or 10-331 fit and work on a framed shower door?

If not, would you suggest either a 10-324, 10-325 or 10-326 depending on the framed shower door length?

My current shower door does not have screws. Would a 10-324, 10-325 or 10-326 be easy to install if I had to drill holes? Do screws come with the door sweeps? If not, what size screw should I buy?

I look forward to your reply. Thanks again!

Regards,

John F
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for clarifying. You might be able to use one of the frameless sweeps, but then it would depend on the thickness of the frame. If you do have a metal frame door I honestly believe a screw-on type would be the better choice.

In terms of installation hardware, our 33-071 set screw would be what I recommend. You will need to use a 7/64" drill bit to make the holes in the door frame. Take note and be careful you do not drill into the glass or damage the door when drilling. You might want to get a professional to help with the installation. With this in mind, I can understand why you might want the easier installation of a frameless sweep, but it may simply not be big enough to work on your door.
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.