SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Shower sweep, screwed or glued?

A quick learner from USA says:
I need to replace my shower door sweep. The door is 21.5" wide and 1/2" thick (see attached photo). Which part do you recommend for replacement? I don't see any screws on the current sweep...does this mean it was glued or caulked in place? If so, how do you recommend I fasten the replacement? I'd also like to replace the gasket around the glass. What part do you recommend?
User submitted a photo of a shower door sweep.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have seen shower doors sweeps attached both ways; with short screws or with a double stick tape. Your is possibly installed with double stick tape, but I'm not sure.

I would first to see if you could find a replacement for the vinyl portion of your sweep. You can see our selection at the bottom of our lavatory hardware page. That way, you wouldn't have to remove the complete shower door sweep.

If there are no matches and you find you do need to replace the complete sweep, take a look at our 10-324. This can also be attached with some double stick tape or short screws like the 33-071. You can find double stick tape at a local hardware store.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)