SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Silver Line Snap-in Window Glazing Identificaton

A home owner from Florida says:
Trying to match this new style snap-in window glazing installed on new warranty replacement Silver Line 2710 windows. Approximate dimensions are 7/8" x 1/4". I do see the older style (#55-178) on your site but I like this version as it seems a bit more durable and less likely to have mold issues. Thanks, Jim.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jim. Silverline doesn't make this glazing anymore, but they use the 55-178 as a substitute for your window series. The reason they changed styles is to save manufacturing costs, since the 55-178 uses less material. It should still work just as well, though.
A home owner from Dunedin, FL says:
Thanks, Paul. What's confusing is the pic I posted in the thread is what is installed in three lower sashes I just received as warranty replacements. Type 55-178 is what is installed in all the original windows purchased nearly 7 years ago. I will call Anderson to see if they can sell me the other style unless you have another suggestion.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we don't have another type you can use as a substitute for your particular window. If you contact Andersen, I recommend asking for the vinyl window division. They should be able to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)