SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Silverline casement window top hinge

A home owner from Middletown, NJ says:

Good evening,

My Silverline casement vinyl window top hinge apparently broke while the window was open during some wind that we had recently. The rivet in the picture does not seem to snap back in place so I am looking to replace the bottom and top hinges. It seems that your 6-013-10 hinges might work, but I was hoping you could look at my photographs and confirm that the parts are compatible.

One question I have is that the operator arm is a OPO5-2020U and it seems that it just "pops" out of the bottom of the window with a flathead screw driver. Is this, in fact, how to remove the existing arm from the bottom of the window (and then snapping it back in place when I reinstall the window with the new hinges?)

Thanks for your help!

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Adam. We don't have a hinge exactly like this but I agree that our 36-013-10 is our best match. Check out this video on how to replace it, as well. This should help clear some things up for you.
As for popping the operator arm out, what you described is pretty normal, yes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)