SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Simonton Balance Shoe

A home owner from Washington says:
Can you help identify a replacement part for this balance shoe - circa 2007 Simonton - see window label and picture of part attached. Thank you
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think our 15-155 pivot shoe can work for you. However, keep in mind that the new metal cam that comes with this part does not work for some window series. In those instances, you will have to reuse your old metal cam.
A quick learner from Washington says:
Thank you for the response. The pivot shoe you are recommending looks different. I am attaching a photo of the side so you can see the vertical slot shape which is different from the 15-155. Please let me know if you can identify and also, where can we find metal cams that will work if needed. Thank you!
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I have a 15-155 in front of me and I don't see a difference. I think the angle in your picture is just showing the opposite side of the angle we show on the store page. Even if it is different, though, I can't imagine they would make a version of this pivot shoe where that detail would drastically affect its operation.

We do not carry metal cams separately, but you can re-use your old ones if you find it to be necessary.
A quick learner from Washington says:
Thank you. Just for confirmation, I am sending another photo and want to make sure it's clear that my pivot shoe has 2 identical sides both with the same vertical groove casing (as per my my photo from 1.6.15), where as the photo for 15-155 shows 1 vertical groove casing like mine, but the other side has a different shaped groove casing (bow tie shape?). I have attached another photo from a different angle. Also - if you can recommend a place we can buy metal cams that would be helpful as a few seem to be missing. Thank you.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I see what you're talking about. I believe the nylon casing of our 15-155 pivot shoe will work. Like Tom said, that part of the shoe design should not affect its function.

We do not have a source for the metal cam. They are not available separately. However, you may not even need a new one. It would only be in the instance where the pivot bar does not fit in the cam. A good way to determine whether this will be the case is to look at your own pivot bar. If it looks like the 26-336, then our metal cam will not work. However, if you file down the ring on the tilt bar, it will fit our cam.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)