Simonton Window Balances / Norandex, Inc.

A home owner from Greenville, SC says:
We are in need of sash support balances and hardware for several windows. We are not sure exactly which products we need to order. I included in the attached photos a picture of the window label.

Please let me know if you can help.
Thank you!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's tough to Simonton windows often use our 15-199 pivot shoe. Can you confirm this is what you have? If so, I recommend our 1/2" wide Series 160 coil springs. When ordering, you will need the number stamped on the old coil spring to determine the best Series 160 option.
A home owner from Greenville, SC says:
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response. These are Simonton windows but as far as the shoe is concerned, how can I determine if it is your 15-199 pivot shoe? How many coils per window are needed?

We will also need some tilt latches for these windows. Can you help determine what product we need?

Thanks so much for your time.

Kind regards,

Susan
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The best way to determine what hardware you have, or whether our suggestions will match, is by comparing physical details. As for how many coils per window, it's tough to tell based on your pictures since your coils are shot. Check a good balance system in an identical window and count how many coils are used there. For the tilt latches, we would need to see pictures.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.