SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Simonton Window Lock and Keeper Replacement

A home owner from Florida says:
I need to replace a lock and keeper on a Simonton window. As you can see in the picture, the keeper is broken. It apperars the keeper is incorporated in the window frame somehow and not removeable by fasteners. I guess I will need to break off what is remaining of the broken keeper and replace with one I can fasten. I will probably go with a both a new lock and keeper just to make sure it matches.

Lock is 2 1/4" between fastener holes, about 7/8" deep (width of frame it is fastened to), and 1/2" high (not including the swivel lock).
The broken keeper is about 1/2" high and about 1 1/2" wide. The replacement keeper would need to fit on a frame that is 5/8" deep.

I am thinking that 90-097 would work, but I would like your inputs, as well. Thank You!
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree, our 90-097 lock looks like a good match. The keeper is mounted on top of the rail, and since you have a 5/8" space available to our 1/4" keeper, it should fit. You should also be able to reuse your screws for the lock but I recommend our 33-093 #6 x 3/4" screws for the keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)