SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Simonton Window Parts

A quick learner from Florida says:
Simonton Window Parts Not Available - I have several issues, a metal bar sprung from the left side of my window, a small plastic piece is broke from holding it inside the window and the small white plastic piece that goes on top. Also if you look at the top of the window it appears there is a longer white plastic guide at the top of the window which is also broker off.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A quick learner from Florida says:
I thought this looked like one of the parts I need from your website?
Channel Balance Top, Winged

Product Code: 19-005
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Yes, the part in the first picture looks a lot like our 19-005. However, that part seems to be more like the victim than the culprit. I think the real problem is with the top sash guide, the white plastic guide that you mentioned. If yours broke, it would let the balance shoot straight up in the window, breaking the 19-005 top attachment on the balance in the first place.

I would be happy to help you find a replacement top sash guide, but I would need to see a few pictures of it removed from the window, along with detailed dimensions. You can also browse through the top sash guide section and see if you can find a replacement there.

As for the broken balance attachment, check out the video below to see how you can put a new one on.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)