Single Hung Window Channel Balances

A home owner from Missoula, Montana says:
I need to order 2 new Single Hung Window Channel Balances. My windows do not tilt out. I have looked at your website and I think that I need the 34" Series 395 Channel Balances. The question that I have is that I don't know if I should order the 3330 or the 3340 option. I have weighed the window and it weighs 23.6 pounds. Can you confirm that I'm ordering the correct item and give me some direction as to the option to order. Thanks! Bob
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, our Series 395 looks to be the best match. If your sash weighs 23.6 pounds, you should go with the 3340 option. For future reference, we have a chart on most of our balance pages that shows how much weight each option can support. You can just use that chart as a reference when choosing your option.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.