SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Single hung channel balance

A home owner from Shamong New Jersey says:
I am in need of a number of what I believe at Series 390 29inch channel balances.

I am inquiring for my self with a need of 6, (three windows) and for the condo complex in Puerto Rico in which we own an apartment. The complex contains 214 apartments each with 7 windows that use this model. We are looking to purchase a quantity for current needed (approx. 10 windows ) and future use.

I attach photos of the item and this part I have in my possessing as well back home here in NJ. Before I purchase, I would like to make sure that this is the correct item. I can also bring the item to Camden NJ for verification is allowed, especially if we can make a bulk purchase.

Let me know what you think about if its a series 390, half inch wide, 2830 option, 29 inch length.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Peter. Just by eyeballing what you have, then I think that our S390-29 is a good choice. The main thing you want to be sure of, though, is that you have the right shoes.

Take a look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. If you have the 15-001, then the Series 390 is definitely the right choice for you.
A quick learner from Shamong NJ says:
Tom, thanks for the prompt response and I was unaware of the importance and difference in the shoes, I was basically trying to match shape. Fortunately I have the busted balance with me and just checked the measurement it is 1 inch as measured on your web site, therefore a 15-001. Looking at the pictures of the 001 and the 002 it looks more like the 002 ( see photo). So which balance do we use.

You'll probably tell me I need the S351 29 inch 2830 option. Are they currently available Thanks in advance

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! Actually, the 1" depth is our 15-002, not our 15-001. That would mean that you should, indeed, look at our S351-29, which we do have in stock!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)