SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Single roller for sliding door

A quick learner from Virginia says:
I am in need of a replacement single roller for my sliding glass door. The door was installed in 1986 by the previous homeowner in Mt. Sidney, Virginia. Unfortunately there are no manufacturer markings on the door. I would like to buy several replacement rollers to keep on hand should this problem occur again. I replaced this same part 5 years ago and a friend ordered it for me. He indicated that he purchased this part from you but I could not identify this part from the current part photos on your website.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what you have based on these pictures. The left picture shows just the inside portion of the roller unit. In the left picture, where it's still installed, I can see the outer housing. We will need to see that removed as well so that we can find the right match.
A home owner from Virginia says:
Hoping you also received the additional 4 photos I sent, although they are just additional pictures of the roller piece. The housing the roller piece sits in is riveted to the bottom piece of the door and is not made to be removed. The roller piece just slides right into it.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 81-022 roller housing. This could be the one you are looking for. The main body of the housing is held in the door frame by the hooks on to of the housing. I don't believe it is riveted in place. I highly recommend double checking yours to be sure.
A home owner from Mount Sidney, VA says:
Thank you for your email. You are right, the housing is not riveted in place. I believe the part you located is the correct part. I have ordered one from your site and will keep you in my records for the future. I thank you for all your assistance in locating the part!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)